Thursday, June 14, 2012

Where Have I Been?

To say that "it's been a while" would be a gross understatement! After a nearly two year hiatus from blogging, I've decided to post. Part of me wanted to start a new blog so that the embarrassment of such a long absence would not haunt me... After all, as the social media savvy individual I am, I know better than most how bad it looks to be silent for so long. I had considered deleting this blog and creating a new one, but I really have no desire to make a new account, new password, new everything. I have way too many online accounts already- don't we all?

Most everything in my life is going well right now.

I graduated Summa Cum Laude as the Top Scholar in Public Relations from WVU's P.I. Reed School of Journalism last month.

I am in a loving relationship.

My family members are in good health and doing well.

I've been able to do a bit of traveling. I spent a weekend in Manchester, TN, to attend the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, where I saw outstanding acts like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Avett Brothers, The Infamous Stringdusters, Phish, Puscifer, The Temper Trap, Skrillex, The Roots, Ben Folds Five, City and Colour, SOJA, Alabama Shakes, Flogging Molly, The Beach Boys, The Shins and even Kenny Rogers. Right now, I'm blogging from Bethany Beach, DE, where I spent my day getting a sunburn and eating crab legs.

I have a temporary position in the Communications & Marketing Department at the WVU College of Business & Economics. This is a good thing, as many recent graduates are unable to find jobs related to their field. I am thoroughly enjoying my work there, but the word "temporary" looms over me like a dark cloud. I am working to secure permanent employment for myself.

I'm at a weird point in my life. It's the first time in my life that my plans haven't been picked out for me. Up until now, it's been "go to grade school, go to high school, go to college." Well, now what? I know the destination is either "get a job" or "grad school" but I don't exactly know the way there. I'm going to keep applying myself, working hard, and giving each and every day my all.

Although I do get that panicky feeling in my stomach at times when contemplating the future, I feel relief upon the realization that in the end, each day must be taken one at a time. And at the end of each day, I have a huge family, sweet boyfriend and tons of friends that love me and are in my corner every step of the way. With that thought in mind, it's hard to feel anything but happy- and incredibly blessed.


1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you out here blogging again Rachel. And it will be even better to see you in person again next week. All the best.... always!

    ReplyDelete